Let's make you a bingo card!
Input a comma-separated list of at least 24 values.
If one of your values needs a comma, use the HTML code , in place of the comma within the value.
And here is the code:
Got lists? Additions? Bugs?
If you have some good general-use lists that you want to see added, leave me a note (or the full comma-separated list) at my DreamWidth post! (Note that, at the moment, there's a bug where any commas – even the HTML-entity escaped ones (and even ones which escape the ampersand on that entity!) are loading as commas, so commas within values of pre-made lists don't work. I've been replacing them with slashes, dashes, and ellipses until I can get the bugs worked out.)
I may not take all lists, but I'll do my best to add ones that it seems like many people will find a use for.
If you have suggestions for additions to existing lists, or there are features you'd like to see, feel free to comment on that post as well! Again, I can't guarantee that all suggestions will be implemented, but I'll do my best to make this a usable resource.
Bug reports, unsurprisingly, should also go there.
- Commas inside values of pre-made lists always appear as delimiters when loaded, no matter how well-escaped they are.
- Custom text colors do not apply to linked text, such as the TV Tropes squares.
Thanks are owed to the following people, websites, and entities, among others:
- Wikipedia, for a number of lists, including the Aarne-Thompson.
- Worlds Without End, for their speculative subgenre lists.
- McGraw Hill, for their glossary of dramatic terms.
- ysabetwordsmith, for compiling a ton of lists, for promoting this page to a lot of people, and for creating the community allbingo to support creative uses of bingo tables.
- The moderators of the hc_bingo / hc_bingo and cottoncandy_bingo communities, who have kindly given permission for their lists to be reprinted here.
- sashataakheru, for compiling the Rider-Waite-Smith and Wildwood Tarot lists.
- gigglingkat and cliche_bingo, for the list of fanfiction cliches.
- Caroline Myss for her list of archetypes.
- All the people who have pointed out bugs, suggested improvements, donated, and expressed enthusiasm for what was originally just a fun little project to burn some time one evening. This page would have stopped at a 5x5, load-your-own-lists, no-customization widget if not for the infectious excitement of creative folks. ♥